Contracting and IT Services in Real Estate

5 Replies

Hello - 

I am an investor in Louisville Kentucky that also owns a licensed and insured general contracting company and a small IT company.  So aside from investing, I have the ability to rehab others investor's projects, automate processes and build websites. 

What do you guys think is the best channel to market those services to investors.  

Other than BP of course! 

Thanks

Jimmy

I was just poking through the marketing area for similar reasons. I'm an IT guy by day. So I'm just looking for problems investors have that I might be able to solve. 

I was thinking the other day that in a bigger city someone might be able to do a whole business out of making a good interface for investors to do project management for a local handyman service. 

I don't know if it's a good idea or not. If you make a million of the idea send me a few scratch off tickets.

Jimmy, I'll vouch for you--I'm very excited about what you and your companies are doing.  What sort of real estate events are you networking at besides KREIA?  

I really think word of mouth networking is best, but certainly might take more time and reach a more narrow audience.

@Brad Carrier Haha - I definitely will!

@Kelly Bankes Thanks for the vouch!   I haven't been to any real estate investor events other than KREIA.  I haven't really heard of any others.  Let me know if you hear of some.  My goal is to have more of a presence at the KREIA.  

Hi Jimmy,

I'm also an IT consultant but located in Georgia. I was wondering if there is a specific IT need in real estate investing where I can merge my real estate interests with IT to make life easier. Have you explored doing that? I'm not an IT developer, more of a sever/systems guy but I use technology to keep me straight with my investing.

@Brad Carrier @James Wright and @Brendan Spaar

For awhile I had thought that tech work would open some more real estate doors, directly. I am always a little surprised when I find there is less of a demand for it from potential partners and service providers. Contracting on the other hand, is always needed.

One thing that IT certainly helps with is earning cash. I make decent money as a software engineer, and am able to qualify for better financing and be the finance partner in deals just because there is money coming in the door. 

Lately, I have been picking up side work. Most of the work has the express purpose of making money. Some of it is very boring, doesn't matter, keeps me in the game.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.