Mailing list criteria: Equity% vs LTV

9 Replies

Hello everyone

I'm looking to purchase a 65+ Owner Occupied mailing list. What is everyone's experience mailing to this list? I plan to use Listsource. Is it better to use LTV or equity %? When I filter by age, do I select Individual 1 or Household? Also, if I were to use LTV, which mortgage would I select All Mortgages or just First Mortgages?

Thanks

@Dom Allen

Dom,

I believe if you use equity as your filter it will automatically take into account the current LTV. It should include all current First and second mortgages as well, so I believe it is a better filter. Hope this helps

Stuart

Stuart Birdsong, Twin Pines Investment Group LLC | 9706726282

@Stuart Birdsong thank you. 

@Stuart Birdsong what about the age. Do you filter by household or individual?

Originally posted by @Dom Allen :

@Stuart Birdsong what about the age. Do you filter by household or individual?

Dom,

I think that is a good questiom, I would imagine it would be by household, but I couldn't say with any certainty. Let me know what you find out. Thanks

Stuart

Stuart Birdsong, Twin Pines Investment Group LLC | 9706726282

What does the "first and second mortgage" criteria mean? Thanks! 

Originally posted by @Julius Dixon :

What does the "first and second mortgage" criteria mean? Thanks! 

I believe @Stuart Birdsong was referring to the possibility that the Loan To Value (LTV) portrayal of an owner's mortgage may only account for their FIRST mortgage on a property, but not take into account any SECOND mortgage (higher interest rates and risk level) that the owner may have also taken out on the same property, concurrently? Whereas, a true portrayal of their EQUITY position MUST take into account each mortgage (first and second position) to arrive at their equity status.

And if @Tim Herndon is correct, Equity Reports also account for personal loans and credit card debt. But, do they? And how accurate would that be anyway, because of "off the books" debt?

[I'd be disappointed if my interpretation of Stuart's theory was true in practice]. Cheers...

Interesting. I checked on list source and you can sort between these mortgage criteria, but I don't understand why you should have to make the selection. Why would you ever select first mortgage as a criteria - when would this ever be beneficial as opposed to knowing the full, all encompassing capital structure of the property?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you