yellow letter campaign

11 Replies

I had a few questions about yellow letter campaigns that I have been having trouble finding answers to on here about yellow letter campaigns. 

I have sent out my first full direct marketing campaign through yellowletters.com.  It has been a run of 1200 yellow letters spaced out 400 per week with the last 400 going out two days ago.  So far from the first 800 letters I havent had one any phone calls as of yet.  I  am targeting absentee owners with equity of 60%+.  It has me wondering if this is normal to have to wait for a few weeks for calls or if I should consider the first two drops a bust and hope better on the third.

At this rate I feel that postcards will be a more value conscious choice considering my rates so far.  I am planning on contacting all of the 1200 again via postcard in a month, while hitting another list with yellowletters at the same time.

Anyway how long does it usually take to hear back from a mailing campaign.  I have been targeting the suburbs of philadelphia if there is anyone also in the area. Mainly montgomery county. 

I run a similar campaign here in Austin but get 2-3 calls a week. You should hear something but plan on doing a 6-month campaign before adjusting the strategy since most of your contacts will come after the 5th attempt.

Hi @Marc Oister , if this is your first time hitting this list, a low response would not be uncommon. However you should still receive some response. My guess is that your mail probably has not hit the homes yet. Standard mail typically takes 10-15 days to be delivered, however it can take anywhere from 3-30 days. Hang in there a little longer, and keep us updated.

Medium banner ad google  300   250ajpgCody Alexander, YellowLetters.com | [email protected] | 661‑441‑3777 | http://www.YellowLetters.com

@Cody Alexander Thats what I was thinking.  Hopefully I hear something soon.  Im just looking for a few responses before I begin my second list.

@Michael Quarles  Do you think that at least some have reached the houses yet.  Also would those changes make the difference between no calls at all, and something.

Planning on sending my second campaign out in about a week so to another list.  So we will see how letter one works. 

@Michael Quarles Do you feel absentee owners with 60%+ equity a good target to stick to.  Planning on going another 750-1000.

I will be compiling that list over the next few days.  Wish me luck.

Im going to be targeting throughout the suburban Philadelphia area in Montgomery and Chester counties so there is a number of older homes.  I will post how the next few days pan out with the old list, and what the second campaign brings in.

How did it go @Marc Oister? We're you able to make the changes and did they work? I'm newer to bigger pockets and amazed at all of this information. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you