"Webuyhouses"???

3 Replies

I am looking to start a web page with the normal "Webuyhouses" .com with adding my city name at the end, unfortunately most of these domains have already been taken. I have tried different variations of the term "webuyhouses", "webuyhomes", "cashforhouses" and so on. Is there any special wording that people have found to get more hits and attract more people to their website? Would using "homes" instead of "houses" work just as well? I am curious if anyone has found that certain words work better than others in marketing? I am wanting to pull the trigger on a domain, but I want to make sure it's the best one that I can get for the money I am spending.

Thanks,

Mike

The domain name is important but if you want people to find your company using a search such as Google, your time would be better spent looking into SEO (search engine optimization).  

You could have a domain name of webuywhaterstuffyougotforsale.com and if you do your SEO correctly, you show up when someone searches for we buy houses fallon.

Thanks Bill. I will definitely look into optimizing a SEO. 

Thanks again

Bill S. is correct - domain names used to be important for SEO purposes, but their utility has declined over time to the point of being negligible at best.

If you're choosing a domain name, you should really focus on only a few things:

- easy to remember, or "catchy"

- easy to spell

- preferably a ".com" domain, rather than one of the new TLDs (like ".guru")

- aligns with your "brand," if you care about such things.

Hope that helps! :-)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here