• Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Door Knocking & Absentee Owners

Account Closed
  • Professional
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Oct 2 2015, 17:45

Hello forum, 

Since I want to lead with revenue, and not expenses, I figured I should at least try door knocking, craigslist, etc before blowing all my money on direct mail. 

I'm wondering in a specific market, what type of area do you look for to reach out to? Regardless whether its a direct mail campaign or door to door, you're essentially trying to get to those motivated sellers. I'm in Los Angeles, and I'm wondering if you pick owner occupied areas to go door to door knocking, or blue collar neighborhoods, etc. If i choose lower income areas, most will be renters and they have no authority or say in selling the home, and would most likely not want to give owners information to me. But I also feel like nicer areas with more owner occupied will be much less motivated to sell. 

In addition, when you mail to absentee owners, do you essentially handle from beginning to end over the phone and things like docusign? How do you get inside the home for inspections and to show end buyers? If there is a tenant, do you just schedule a time with their permission? What is its vacant? How do you get an out of state owner to let you in. 

Thank you in advance. 

Loading replies...