• Chicago, IL
Votes |
New Direct Mail Campaign-South Side Chicago Market

Larmon Cummings Jr
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Oct 6 2015, 19:54

Hello BP Community,

I wanted to share with you my most recent marketing campaign that I am doing, and I look forward to updating you with the good and bad of how it turns out. My past marketing campaigns have targeted only one particular zip code, but this time I wanted to try something different and target two different zip codes simultaneously in my market. I have been monitoring these 2 zip codes in my market and have noticed lots of sales activity over the last 6-8mos. The 2 zip codes are on the south side of Chicago and they are 60643 and 60628. There has been lots of rehab activity and the good rehabs have not sat on the market very long. There are 2 reasons I am doing the marketing campaign. First, I am looking for a property that I can rehab and resale to an end buyer. Second, the other leads that I am not able to capitalize on, I will be wholesaling them. 

To build my list that I will be marketing to I used Listsource.com and used the criteria of absentee owners, age 55+, last sale date of Jan. 1, 1900-Jan.1, 1994. This will allow me to target individuals who will have some equity, and hopefully own the property free and clear.  I created 2 lists for each zip code, and I purchased a partial list of 500 leads for each zip code. The cost for everything was right around $2,600. For the mail-outs, I used the company of one of BP's own @Michael Quarles yellow letters.com. I put together a 2-mo campaign starting with a yellow letter, 2-wks later postcards, then repeat again. This will allow me to hit my lists 4x each, and hopefully this can produce some positive results. I've worked with this company before and they did a good job. @Michael QuarlesClaire was very helpful, and helped me in a very professional manner. Was a pleasure working with her. :-)

As the calls come in I will be sure to keep everyone updated on how things are going. Until then, much success and be blessed.

Loading replies...