• Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
Property Manager Issues...Big Suprise!

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Posted Oct 13 2015, 15:57

Hi everyone! I currently have a fourplex I have only had it for a year. I hired a PM to take care of everything but lately it's been a mess. I had a quote for work that needed to be done to one of the units and I accepted the quote and the work began. Fast forward 2 months later I am still gettting work requests for work that should have been done in the quote I was never charged for the work that is requesting to be done when the receipts came to turn the unit but I thought that's what I paid for in the quote. The PM thinks since I wasn't charged that I should pay but I paid the full quote price and on the receipt it shows, cleaning and misc charges that aren't specified. 

They also unapproved a work order so I could not see it on my owners portal and did work on that same unit for drywall so I had no idea there was drywall damage since it wasn't mentioned in the walk through. Also charged me for new carpets when the quote said they needed to be cleaned but blamed it on the tenants saying they ripped up the carpet, but there was obviously carpet in there when they did the walk through for the quote. I spoke with the tenant right when they moved in and they said the PM knows the carpets were stolen and will replace them which was news to me.

I fired them today and I am just wondering what other people would do in my situation. I am out money becuase of there incompetence. I could just suck it up but they need a spanking! There was a lot of unapproved work that they did anyway and I feel like sending them my nieces dirty diaper in the mail.

Thanks for reading my long post.

Loading replies...