Direct mail campaign for vacant lots

5 Replies

Has anyone ever done a direct mail campaign to vacant lots rather than houses? I dable in building houses and am looking for lots in a specific area I have the list of lots in the area and will be starting the campaign soon. I am curious if anyone has done it before and if they have had success. I am also curious what one might say to the sellers when they do call! haha. Does anyone have any advice ideas or experience to share? 

Thanks!

Never done the mailing part, but I used to wholesale vacant lots in a particular area and I'd drive and knock on owner's doors. It's much harder to slam the door into someone's face than to hang up the phone.

lance, give it a shot. Just let the owners know your interested in purchasing their lot and to reach out to you when they are ready. Let them know if you have cash. Send out this letter, or other forms of it, to the same list about 7 times 4 to 6 weeks apart. I hear round 5,6,7 get the best results. Gl

Don't know what to tell you. I just farmed one area and I went directly to sellers, ready to sign a contract, which they usually did, because they didn't see much value in those lots, which used to hold houses.  Getting something in the mail gives them time to think about it and research values and maybe want more. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you