Is Listsource the best list provider for multifamily?

3 Replies

I am looking to start a direct mail campaign.  I would like to mail to out of state owners of multifamily apartment buildings.  I see a lot of posts about investors using Listsource to get their lists to mail to for direct mail campaigns.  Is Listsource the most affordable and best quality for getting my list of owners of duplex's up to 20 unit properties?

Reviving this conversation - how did your ListSource search go?

I purchased a list but the data was terrible. I searched in California for properties with a Unit # 5-100 expecting to get multifamily properties with 5+ units. I didn't specify a Detailed Property Type. The list I got had to have been half filled with what seems to look like condo owners. I tried another search with a Detailed Property Type of "commercial - multi-family" and I barely got any results.

Can someone please advise on how I can improve my search or on what I'm doing wrong?

@Gary A. Unfortunately a number of CA counties populate individual condo records with unit counts for the complex. Others don't populate units at all. :-(. You'll definitely want to specify property type. Also best to tweak your criteria for each county as counties all work a bit differently.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you