Direct Mail Campaign for Wholesaling in Phoenix Arizona

5 Replies

Good Morning,

I am a new wholesaler. I have my very first direct market campaign ready to go . I will be sending out 700 postcards a week, with a limited budget.  Due to the holidays coming and this being my first campaign with no momentum built up, is starting my mailing now a good idea? Or will I get a better response rate starting at the beginning of the year

Thank you 

Brian Pierce

My motto--why wait?  You never know who is interested and when.  It is a numbers game anyway.  Also, can I ask if you are sending out those 700 mailings yourself or are you going with a service?

If you go NOW, you will be competing with fewer investors (as many might chose not to mail in December) and - while you might not get as many calls - the calls you get in December tend to be more motivated (due to current financial issues).

In January, investors will be hitting direct mail HARD in Phoenix.

And remember, this is just your first touch on what should be a plan to mail to the same list (assuming it's a good list) at least 6-7 times.  That's how direct mail really works.  I have an old but still oh so true marketing video called the Rule of 7 where I talk about this.

I agree with Anthony.  You never know what type of response that could trigger from a motivated seller.  It is a numbers game.  The more consistant you become, the more good leads you will get.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you