Trying to get my buyer's list ready for wholesaling in Utah...

17 Replies

What's the best way to get that list going? I have an Investor Website (squeeze page that I just created...still in early stages), I purchased the "We buy houses" signs to put around. Going to get going on Direct Marketing, have access to NOD (notice of default lists) and will be hopefully getting some properties soon, but would like to know when I do get going who to contact. Any ideas beyond the REIA meetings that I've already and will continue to attend?

Just joined today so excuse me if you get this question a lot.

Thanks!
Mason 

Hi Mason, 

Good job preparing yourself with the necessary tools to succeed in the crazy world of RE. There is a pretty good BP community here in UT.  In fact I know there is a BP get together next  Thursday (Jan 7) at 6:30 pm at the Huddle in Cottonwood Heights.

I also live in Orem and actively fix and flip properties (throughout UT).  Would enjoy discussing your strategy for this area as I'm connecting with more and more wholesalers in Utah to purchase properties.  Auctions have been my main source inventory, but would like to start networking with more wholesalers.  All the best in your new adventure. 

-Scott

Hi Mason,

Welcome to BP, we love it here. Will you be working with any small multi's or just SFR's? We're looking for multi's in Utah, Salt Lake, and Davis Counties. I don't know if it's common to find Wholesalers working with small multi's at all. Thanks, and Good Luck!

Hi Mason,

It sounds like you're off to a good start! I don't know much about how to grow your list in general, but I might be interested. Do you know if you will be doing any properties north of Orem? I buy properties north of Salt Lake City, and would definitely be interested if you ever buy any up that way. But even good deals around Orem I might be interested in, because my property management company still manages down in that area too. Feel free to reach out to me if you wanna discuss more or find any good deals!

Adam

Welcome to BP @Mason Warr !

I'm just starting investing too and I'm also researching being a wholesaler. Eventually I'll get into other strategies after I have some cushion. If you'd like we can connect to collaborate or pass information one to another (for example, if I find a good *researched* deal that none of my list of buyers are interested in I would be able to pass it to other wholesalers to see if they have anyone that wants it). Wholesaling is, after all, about the selling of information in the form of contracts, and I feel having an "abundance" mindset is key to success!

Either way best wishes to you, to your family, and to your endeavors!

@John Hill

You absolutely are invited to the meetup next Thursday.  It is at 6:30 pm at the Huddle (Ft union Blvd and about 2600 E. ) in Cottonwood Heights.  You won't have a problem finding us.  Ask the front door guy or look for the big crowd!

@David Healey

I wholesale all kind of multi family units.  I have done about 3 in Utah and 17 in Idaho over the last year.  Let me know what you are looking for.

@Jeff Rappaport 

I am currently looking for a multi family deal in salt lake city or nearby as well should you pick something up. 

@Mason Warr

I am also looking for a sfr to flip.  If you come across an amazing deal feel free to contact me.  

I was not aware of this meetup but I would also like to attend if possible :)

BP posts

Craigslist post

When you drive looking for houses- stop by houses being renovated and see if investment property

County Auction

Marketing letters looking for sellers (absentee owners)- will get some buyers

Go to assessors website and search tax records under owners name- use %% properties LLC and %% investment LLC. Get list and send letter of introduction.

Partner w realtor who can give you addresses of houses paid cash- send letter

Facebook posts

Thanks again, If you are interested in joining my investor list, please go to investmentpropertyutah.com and leave your name and email so that I don't have to do it manually. It's in the VERY early stages, but I just wanted a way to get a list going. I should be able to attend the event next Thursday! I hope to see/meet you all.

@David Healey - I'll be searching for all types of properties, not just single family units.

@Jason Rivera - I think collaborating on properties is a great idea. The better a network, the more successful the investor, for sure!

@Adam Hopkins - I will probably start in Utah County but I definitely have plans to work all throughout the state down the road.

@Adrien S. - All great suggestions! I appreciate the ideas!!

Thanks again, everyone! Any other ideas you have, please don't hesitate to send them my way. Hopefully, I'll meet many of you at the meetings.

Mason

I would love to have wholesale deals passed my way.  I would be interested in Idaho properties as well, @David Healey, mostly in the Idaho Falls area but may be interested in others. I mostly look in the Salt Lake area. I have purchased all my properties off the MLS but have not seen anything that has caught my eye for a long time. I would like to learn more about purchasing from wholesalers. I would love to attend the meetup in Cottonwood if anyone is invited.

@Sarah Sams , you are absolutely invited to the meetup next Thursday at 6:30 pm at the Huddle in Cottonwood Heights.  I will post an invite to everyone on BP next Monday.  As far as Idaho properties go, Sarah you should contact me as I work in Idaho as well.  I have 9 multi units in the Pocatello and Burley areas right now and am about to put 9 duplexes under contract in Boise next week.  Email me and I would be happy to get you some info.  

@Jodi Kaili , the BP Meetups are still going strong every month.  It has been two years now!  Plan on the 1st Thursday of the month at The Huddle in Cottonwood Heights.   We meet at 6:30 pm.  Always a good turnout and different people every month!  Hope to see you there!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you