I am 17 years old, an I need a mentor

3 Replies

Hello I am a 17 year old wholesaler who needs as much help as I can get. I currently live in San Francisco CA and I am dying to get my first deal down. I have been doing a whole lot of studying but I would like to hang around an investor who is OK with me asking a lot of questions, with whom I can be doing business with in the long term because wholesaling is not the only thing I want to cover in real estate.

Welcome to BiggerPockets @Kwami Jones it's great to see more folks deciding to get into REI!

If you are interested in finding Mentors, I recently wrote "The Ultimate Guide to Finding Incredible Mentors" - check it out!

I'm always happy to help point you in the right direction for resources or tools on BiggerPockets that can help you with your REI goals!

Consider acting as a bird dog for the dominant wholesaler in your market. You will learn and earn while you do it. You’ll probably find advertisements for them in Marketplace.

If you don't want to do that, than consider investing in training. If you think training is costly, consider how much more ignorance will cost you.

You can find a lot of people that promote themselves on this site. I know one that doesn't who trained me. I recovered my investment in it in 6 weeks.

@Kwami Jones It's best to find a invetsing mentor in your city for one on one help. Now anyone esle can be found online just by doing outreach. Ask thodse whop have a presnce in the maret for help if they can spear a few mintune here or there. At the end of the day if you need any real estate marekting question answr don't be shy to reach out.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you