Skip to content
Marketing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Tyler Thornton
  • Orange County, CA
Votes |
Biggest Seller Lead Generation Website Vs. Mail Vs. Doorknocking?

Tyler Thornton
  • Orange County, CA
Posted Jan 30 2016, 18:27

Hello Investors. What generates the most mostivated seller leads for you? Websites? Mailers? DoorKnocking? I would love to hear everyones answers but especially Southern California.

I have been trying to break into the wholesale game for 5 years now and I've been having trouble with finding actual motivated sellers. I have tried buying lists from both ListSource.com (Absentee) and USLeadsList.com (Inheritance) and mailing yellow letters with follow up postcards. After about a year of yellow letters I switched to typed business letters. Between both letters I would get a lead far and in between and when I got a motivated seller on the line my inexperience shined through and the deal would fall apart.  With every new lead I get better but there is just too few leads so far. Anyways, I finally gave up on the mailers because it was bleeding my bank account dry. Recently I started looking into a Website and doorknocking. About a year ago I was inches from getting the contract signed on a Preforclosure. So I thought that would be a good niche to get into. In the past few months I have knocked on over 74 doors of preforclosure leads 4-5 weeks before the scheduled Trustee Sale and not one has shown any sign of turning into a deal. I know it is a numbers game but this is getting ridiculous haha. A legitimate website has been on my mind for the past year but just haven't pulled the trigger because of funds. I love this industry even though I have yet to make a deal and I'm not giving up anytime soon. I will do it I just need the leads. Any advise on what type of leads I should go after would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks Everyone for listening to my rant

Loading replies...