Driving for Dollars Advice Needed

1 Reply

BP,

I recently started bird dogging for a local wholesaler and I'm driving for dollars to get some deals. Does anyone have any have any pointers? One thing I have noticed that no one talks about in any of the BP articles is the type of neighborhoods I need to be in. I've heard that you need to stick to strictly middle class to lower-middle class areas for wholesaling. 

So I've been driving in my area for and haven't spotted much. Houses are selling quickly on the market here so maybe I'm in the wrong area? I don't know. Any advice?      

the point of bird dogging is to find houses not on the market. Ask your wholesaler where they want you to focus your time driving. 

Figure out the garbage days for that town and drive each section on garbage day. Look for junky houses (tall grass, overgrown landscaping, bad roofs, grass growing in driveway, emptiness through windows) combined with no garbage out. I use my audio app and just voice record the address as I go. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you