Listsource Criteria

9 Replies

I need some help building my direct mail list. Just got an account with Listsource.com and i'm trying to get a list of absentee owners in my farm area (a single city). Here is the criteria. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Also, for some reason, it won't let me select the number of bedrooms. When i put 1-3, 2-3, or 3-3 the count is always zero (so i skipped this step.

• Geography - City\State
  • Property
    • Equity - 30-100%
    • Last Market Sale Date - 1900-2010
    • Property Type - Residential:SFR
    • Total Assessed Value - $250,200 (median sales value for 3bedroom according to Trulia)
  • Options
    • Absentee Owned selected
    • Exclude Trustee and Corporate owned
    • Both Mailing Address and Property Address Complete selected

This criteria set gives me a count of 63. I really want to target 3br/2ba but i can't seem to get that working. Is there anything I'm missing? I'm ready to get some yellow letters or postcards and start getting leads. Thanks, BP Community!

@Daniel Highsmith

Sounds like you have a pretty solid list criteria. I understand how it must be frustrating to have the count drop to zero when you enter a bedroom count. It tends to happen because the county assessor might not be entering that information, therefore the system eliminates any home that does not match your criteria. No bedroom count= No match= eliminated. 

For the Total Assessed Value, did you put a median price range or just the median price? A median price range may increase the results.

Feel free to PM me if I can help.

@Daniel Highsmith

I'm not sure why you would be coming up with such low numbers. I know this sounds tedious, but my next step would be to start at the beginning again and watch the numbers as I put in each piece of my criteria. It is possible that you will have a similar issue like you did with the bedroom count.

@Julius Dixon

1) He made that selection because that eliminates anyone who hasn't owned the property for more than 6+ years. Less time of ownership, less motivation/odds of selling the home. Also, do "last market sale date" as opposed to "last recorded date" because a property could've been quit claimed and it doesn't count as a sell.

2) For motivation/odds of closing the deal as well. Less likely to happen with a trust.

Hope this helps a bit!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you