Skip to content
Marketing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Eldon Gomez
  • Magna, UT
Votes |
Here's my initial marketing plan, what do you think?

Eldon Gomez
  • Magna, UT
Posted Jul 15 2016, 13:17

Hey folks!

so i'd like some feedback on how i've scrubbed my first mailing campaign, and success rate with direct mail, vs bandit signs. 

I've secured every tax delinquent property in Salt Lake County, Utah. I'll be sending my mail out within the next week or so, and here's hoping i've not wasted my efforts. 

1. I eliminated any properties owned by a corporation, LLC, or investment firm.
  2. I've only focused on residential properties
  3. i deleted any properties over 40,000 in back taxes owed, and under 1500.00 owed
  4. i'm focusing on properties that went delinquent starting in 2012 through 2014. The 2015 properties will get mailed later on, maybe. 

Because it takes so long to scrub the list, I'll be mailing batches of 500 letters at a time until I completely scrub my list of about 2400, then i'll recycle and mail each batch of 500 a second time a thuird time, and so forth for about 6 times. Then i figure I've exhausted this list.  Thoughts?

Question 2: When I decided to start a direct mail campaign, I misjudged the cost of repeated mailings. I would rather NOT spend hundreds on a mailing this list every time, so I got to thinking maybe I should have started with bandit signs, since they're cheaper, and keep they doing what they do without much maintenance. 

What would have been the most effective way to start marketing for someone with a tiny budget? and is my scrub ok? 

Thanks!

Loading replies...