Apartment for Rent Flyer for Unfinished Units

1 Reply

Hi,

My husband @Kevin Kovalsky and I have recently purchased a few multi-families and as tenants move out we are updating the units in a somewhat standard way (i.e. same paint color, same floors).  We like to show the place and secure renters before the units are finished but the unfinished units don't show well.  So, I'd like to use photos from a finished unit to put together a flyer that helps the potential tenants envision the finished product.  Has anyone done this successfully? If so, do you mind sharing your template? Any recommendation for 3rd party printers?  Recommendations for verbiage so as to not do false advertising?

Thanks!
Monica

HI Monica, I think pre-selling is a very powerful marketing technique. Realtors who work with rehabbers/flippers do it all the time. Take professional pictures of your updated units, and create a flier. Keep your flier crisp and clean and provide as much info as possible. Use it to create a list of future potential renters.

Optionally, put before- and after-pictures side by side on your website, but remember do not overdo it with the before- pictures - they can generate some negative response from your renters. Keep it positive, highlight the improvements you are making, list up the appliance brands, mention that your renter receives brand-new kitchen appliances, covered by the mfgr warranty. 

Find a great real estate photographer  - they know how to showcase the space. 

Good luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you