• Contractor
  • Amarillo, TX
Votes |
Yellow Letter advice

James Perez
  • Contractor
  • Amarillo, TX
Posted Aug 25 2016, 09:57

Alright, so I get a lot of questions of how to successfully do a Yellow Letter Campaign and these are the steps I take. 

First thing is to create the message you're going to write the letter. You want to let the seller know you are interested in not only buying their home but also willing to negotiate a deal that works for you and him.

That will make the buyer want to call you before calling any other realtors or investors. 

Hand writing the letter is what makes it much more engaging. The seller knows you're not a robot or marketing company. 

Start with writing your letter on a blank white sheet of paper. I use a red pen to write the message. The reason I use a white sheet of paper and red pen is to make copies of it onto yellow paper. The red ink stands out very well on the yellow paper. I used to use the red lined paper but it's very time consuming trying to line up the letters with the lines.

That being the case I use blank yellow cardstock paper. Using the card stock paper, I fold the letter only in half. and on the backside, I write out the mailing information. 

I never really knew what to write on the letter until trying different strategies.  Understand that not every response was a deal at the moment but after that first call with them, I learned their situation.

This is very important because knowing what kind of situation the homeowners are in helps you think about what kind of deals can be made. 

I hope this information helps. If you have any questions shoot me a message. 

James Perez

Midland, Tx

Loading replies...