Skip to content
Marketing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Thomas
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Canton, OH
Votes |
Direct mail (yellow letter) phone calls - What do I say!?

Daniel Thomas
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Canton, OH
Posted Sep 9 2016, 08:51

So I am actively sending out my yellow letter director mail campaign to my local zip code, for the purpose of wholesaling but I'd also consider buy and hold AND buy and flip for the right deals. It's basically just an equity list. Owner occupied AND absentee. The problem I'm running into is what to say when someone calls on my letter.

The most common questions I get are: (and have no idea what the right thing to say is...)

- Why did you send me this letter? Do you think my house is for sale or something?

- If you want to buy it, then what'll you give me for it?

- What's your offer?

- What do you like about my house? (they often assume I know what house is theirs)

- Who are you? 

- Are you a real estate person?

These are all very valid questions based on my letters, but I'm really uncomfortable combating them. I just don't know what to say. I don't know how to casually and comfortable carry the conversation. Which is strange, because I love talking to people and I'm normally very good at it! This is just a different beast! I'm in the Akron / Canton Ohio area and have a very diverse market here, but with that come a vast array of different people to talk to. Again, I'm looking to wholesale these properties but will also consider buy and hold as well as buy and flip for the right deal. I just want to know what to say! lol.

Thank you in advance! Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Loading replies...