Corelogic / Listsource Output Packages

3 Replies

Hello BP World!

I haven't quite found an answer regarding this last question, before I "click" the trigger on my first direct mail campaign:

I'm using corelogic, have my filters set, and am ready to buy. Now... my analytic mind is being slammed with dozens and dozens of different "Output Packages" (for those who aren't here yet, you can select all the filters you want, and corelogic will tell you how many leads are in this query. When you purchase though, the output package determines what your cost/lead will be, by determining what information fields will be provided to you for each lead in your query, once you buy it.  I.e.: you want just an address, estimated equity, and last sale date? Expect to get just that data for the 1,000 leads left after all your filters. Want inforation on the mortgage, seller, etc, in addition to this? Expect to pay around $0.30-$0.40/ lead).

So, to BP (and would love input from guys like @michael quarles, @dev horn, etc): for a mailing campaign, what is the essential corelogic output package I need? What do you guys buy?

I'd love to hear everyone's input!

-Tanner

Before you buy think about running numbers on your market.  A list is great however a list in the areas with a higher certainty of performance is better. 

My students all run an algorithm on their market.  

Also anything you read yesterday may not be the best approach today.  This businesses only constant is change so make sure you're spending money wisely. 

Hello @Michael Quarles, 

Thanks for your input. I have driven and studied comps and pricing trends, DOM, and owner occupied vs. non-owner occupied stats for the zip codes and streets I'm targeting. I will admit- I don't have an algorithmn that factors this in (and likely even more data) they way I would assume you have excellently set up. However, it's either completely pull out of the market I already own properties in/ have spend 15 months studying, visiting, making offers in, and buying in (Cincinnati, OH), or stick to the neighborhoods that I have already determined have the best cash flow and appreciation/ "fall in the path of progress." I in no way claim to be the expert on this, and will always take corrective and helpful feedback. And, I know I need to take more action than I have been (past action: proactive networking with wholesalers and RE agents for leads: this hasn't brought deals profitable enough to select) with direct mail.

I'm curious- is there a regular output package you normally choose?

-Tanner

@Tanner Gish Listsource is best for just pulling lists with basic name and mailing address. The extras like estimated value really add up, and unless you really need those for something specific, you are probably better off saving your money.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here