Yellow letter

4 Replies

Hi everyone! I just pick up material for my direct mail campaign. I decided to go with 5 x 8 yellow letters & 4 3/8 x 5 3/4 envelopes. Has anyone ever tried these sizes? What was your success rate?

Never tried a smaller size. Are you writing yourself? 

I think the type of letter inside is hit or miss but you can't predict what will work with a particular person. Some may respond to a yellow letter, some to a post card, and some to a typed professional letter. This is why it's important to mail your list consistently and change up the piece of mail. 

I will say we just sent out 1200 letters using a pink #10 envelop and our callbacks are phenomenal. The pink envelop with a handwritten address sticks out and is probably the first piece someone opens when they get their mail. 

@Adrien S.

Where did you order your letters from? Or did you print them yourself? I'm looking for the most efficient way to go about doing a yellow letter campaign. I am leaning towards driving for dollars in my target neighborhoods and finding home owner contact info and mailing to them. It won't get as much mail out there, but it will allow me to send to known vacant homes where I'm looking. Any advice or thoughts?

I order from yellow letters.com as well as do some in house. The in house letters are more generic and we just have someone address the envelop. I just spend $1K on colored envelopes and that will last 2-3 months on in-house marketing. But a pink or green or blue envelop catches attention. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.