Virtual assistant

4 Replies

Hello bigger pockets I'm building getting tools together to train my virtual assistants does anyone have any advice on what tasks to give that would be most beneficial for my wholesaling business?

creating lists, answering calls... data mining

Hi @Deonte Singleton I would definitely recommend figuring out what tasks are taking up a lot of your time, assess the level of expertise it may require to complete and outsource based on that. The type of work I typically do for investors can range from taking inbound lead calls and screening them based on criteria put forth by the investor, creating searchable databases with homeowner and property information from lists provided by the investor, setting up appointments with potential leads based on my clients schedule, and searching for potential deals in my clients target area. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me, I would be happy to help.

@Deonte Singleton I would never recommend hiring a VA first and then figuring out what tasks to give him/her. It's a road to nowhere.

I've been working with VAs for 6 years and helped a few people to automate their business using outsourcing. And the very first task I ask my clients to do is to write a list of all the tasks they are dealing with on a daily bases and really take time to write that list, perhaps the entire list. Then you work with that list figuring out what needs to be done by you personally and what can go to assistants - local and virtual. Because even though we all heard of wholesaling, in reality there are different ways people get their leads depending on their budget and resources so your marketing strategies may be very different from a wholesalers that I work with, who get houses directly from banks. 

Most people won't even do that and that is why most people are not successful with outsourcing. If you do this task and will want to know the next steps, let me know. I'll be happy to share what I know ;)

@Olga Fomenko Hi Olga, I too am hiring g a VA. Data mining and compiling lists are the big time suckered for me. I would love some insight into how to make this flow smoothly on autopilot with a VA. Mind if I pm you too?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.