Direct mail to family trusts?

1 Reply

Hi

I am preparing a DM campaign and just realized that a pretty high percentage of my list are family trusts. In my filter criteria I do not care about owner occupied or not, I'll send to both of them. Now, I'm getting probably about 30% trusts in my resulting list. Most of them have a different address than the property that I am interested in, but not all. Some trusts even show up as owner of more than one property.

I know that has been asked before here, but I'd like a fresh look on that and I actually also have some follow up questions. What are your experiences with DM to trusts? Would you send to them or not? Why?

If I would end up sending to them, where should I send the mail? To the property address or the trust address? I think the trust address could just be an attorney office or so?

Simon

I do but I know many suggest filtering them out. I do for two reasons: needed to do it to increase mail count to a count I wanted and secondly, those are regular people going through the same stuff as non-trust people and may need/want to sell at some point. A trust isn't some magical entity that holds on to property forever. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here