Second and Third Yellow Letters

4 Replies

We sent out our first (68) set of yellow letters, got 5 calls and 1 potential deal. My question is should we change the second and third (and fourth) yellow letter to say something different? our letters are very simple, Hi my name is _____ we would like to buy your house at ________ please call us at_______Thanks.... we are going to be starting these letters soon to send out again.

@Nicole Yager If it was me I would mail the same list and the same letter at least two more times. Then look at your response rates, # of walk throughs, and deals from that campaign. Then make ONE adjustment either to the letter or the list and mail it again. Record the results and continue to make improvements. You'll find out what works and what doesn't. Let the numbers run your business. 

@Nicole Yager I always switch up my letters so it flows like a conversation.  In the next one you could say something like "I'm still interested in buying your property...".  When they look at that wording most people will understand that you've already tried to reach out.  Some people actually call me thinking that we've already talked about their property so it produces good calls.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.