• Real Estate Investor
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Votes |
Four Killer Tip for Getting Production from Your Bird Dogs

Scott Nachatilo
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Posted Jan 31 2010, 08:43

I like using bird dogs because they are bringing me leads that my normal marketing are bringing in. I've done a careful job of communicating with them only via email. To do so otherwise would require way too much of my time. If you train them like that up front, they understand how it works or simply go away. Either way, I win.

But the point of getting them set up in the first place is to get production from them. To bring you leads that are at least somewhat in the ball park of what I'm looking to buy.

So Here are 4 tips to increase their production without eating too much into your time:

1) Get them set up on a autoresponder. I use icontact.com as my email marketing solution. Put them on a sublist.

2) Send them a opt-in form. These are created automatically by your autoresponder. They will fill in whatever information you want - all you really need is their email, name, and telephone number. That way, they will add themselves automatically to your email list.

3) Every autoresponder has a thank you message set up. What I have is a short video explaining how the program works. I give them some tips on finding motivated sellers. I tell them how to send those leads to me (email only).

4) Send them at least one message each week. You can either send them a text message or shoot a short video and send them the link to the video. Either way, you need to communicate to that list. Get them pumped up. Tell them about deals that are going through now.

Also, be careful that you aren't breaking the law by paying them a commission. Realtors get paid commission. Non-licensed folks do not. They need to get paid, just be careful how you set that up.

Loading replies...