Direct Mail Marketing results

116 Replies

Hi bp, I'm super excited to mention my results for the first week of my mailing campaign. I started off just with 217 yellow letters from yellow letters.com and received a 5% call back rate (11 calls) in the first week! Yessss they work!!! I think I even have a deal in the pipeline, I'll be going to see the property this week. I have a list of 500 more to add for the next mailing (700 total) so I'm excited to see how that plays out! Thanks bp for all the knowledge and support! I plan on closing my first deal by Aug. Hoping by this week though lol. I appreciate everyone and the love. Now I have to get back to work and analyze a few properties. Take care and bless.

Awesome work. Good job! Keep taking action and good luck!!

Thanks guys. I've been at it for awhile doing signs but they just didn't give me the calls I was looking for! I gained a lot of buyers and built relationships but barely any motivated sellers. I'm going to keep everyone posted. I'll be hitting the list 6-7 times AT LEAST. Wish me luck

Congrats Jose! That is a really high response rate. Are you hand writing or using a fulfillment service for your direct mail campaign? What are you using to estimate the rehab comps if you do find a motivated seller?

Congrats, I already begin to send mines, I am doing almost everything by myself just to get the full feeling what it is to do it. Next time I will outsource, I hope I get the same result, I am attacking mobile homes.

@Raul Flores awesome. I hope the best for you and your business. I'm sure you will get great results as well. When it's time for me to study I decided to focus my time on my negotiation skills and my marketing skills. For those investors just starting like myself I'd recommend to call Craigslist ads and FSBO ads on other websites such as forsalebyowner.com before mailing out their first mailing or until that first mailing touches everyone to better your phone skills and prepare. That's what I did and it was great practice.

@Ray Lai I'm using yellow letters.com When it comes to rehab cost I'll just ask all the questions needed and simple explain that my partner is the expert in repair cost and I'll have him do the second call to get a better feel I'f needed. I also bought the book on estimating rehab cost by J Scott. Go to your local REIA and ask investors if you can go look at a few of there properties under construction and I guaranteed they'd say yes. Investors take pride and love giving a helping hand to those that seek it and look to take this business serious. Just be professional and let them know you're just getting started in this business and would like to gain as much as knowledge as possible!

@Ray Lai awesome I'll be sure to check it out asap. I appreciate your help. This is what makes BP so great

How much does DM cost on a "small" basis like 200-700 letters?

@Eli Kallison depends what envelopes you use and if you're mailing standard postage or first class.

@Eli Kallison

DM has vastly different costs based on many factors such as:

1) Are you doing it yourself or outsourcing it
2) Which company you choose
3) Whether you're using postcards or yellow-letters.
4) Type of postage

If you're interested in good pricing for fulfillment via efficient software, hit me up. I just hooked up Jose with better rates than he was getting.

Congratulations @Jose Castillo on getting those leads to respond and most importantly having the opportunity to gain a property. 

Hint: If you don't have a website address on your yellow letters then think about doing this. This gives people the chance to read more about you and find out what services you off. Believe it will allow you to convert more leads.

awesome thanks a lot for the advice @Antonio Coleman . where can I get a website for a good price? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ok so today I'll be mailing out 665 Total letters. I'll post my response rate and keep everyone posted. If anyone would like to share their response rate please do. Please note the mailing piece type, the rate, the list, etc. Thanks in advance.

@Jose Castillo I'd be happy to help with a website. I would not recommend a do it yourself site. It shows. There's also a lot of functionality related to tracking and conversions that those sites can't handle.

Your website will be the face of your business. Don't shortcut it. You wouldn't hand someone a hand written, bent up business card (assuming you had a choice).

Whether you buy from me or not, in happy to provide advice.

So my 2nd mailing hit of 665. So far I received 8 calls. That's a 1.2% response rate. Man I feel a deal coming extremely soon. It's bond to happen. Wish me luck guys

Ok so on the 16th of this month (July) it'll be one month since my second mailing. So far I have received 22 calls (3.3% response rate). I have two potential deals in the pipeline and will be going on Monday to view a house with my partner. It's been a great experience so far. Good luck everyone

@Jose Castillo if you don't mind me asking: What is your target list?

Thank you and good luck. I hope you get those deals!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.