• Tampa, FL
Votes |
What to do after you get your real estate license

Account Closed
  • Tampa, FL
Posted Jun 22 2017, 17:40

Hi guys!

Just for background:

So I graduated about a year ago, (major in marketing) moved to Tampa in October 2016 and got my first duplex (not FHA like I wanted to do but I used a conv loan instead) the other unit is rented by BP guidelines (thanks BP!) I don't have a career I love and fulfills me like I hear a lot of people saying so after long and hard thinking I have decided to become a realtor. (I wanted to start doing wholesaling with a direct mail campaign but I decided not to get to ahead of myself and said let me start with a good foundation since I have no experience.) I am currently studying for the test online while still keeping my 9-5PM job.

So here are my questions:

After getting my license what steps should I take to set myself up for success? Or what should I be doing now while preparing to take the exam. I'm a very frugal and keep a tight budget, I will have an emergency fund of about 6 months of living expenses since I'm not sure how long it will take for me to start making money worse case scenario.

I am all down to work hard, network, knock on doors, cold call, etc.

• Should I go for a big brokerage firm like: Keller Williams, Remax, Century 21? or look for something smaller? Goal is to become a top producer, learn, help others, use skills to continue investing.
  • or should I do a year of a mix salaried job and commission like I see on Indeed which requires a license for my first year:

Property management assistant, real estate firm assistant, researcher? (other suggestions?)

Any tips would help, thanks! 

Loading replies...