• Wholesaler
  • Mesa, AZ
Votes |
Mailing 55+ Communities?

Keawe Enos
  • Wholesaler
  • Mesa, AZ
Posted Aug 15 2017, 13:16

I am about to send out about 1,000 mailers here in the Mesa, Arizona area. I decided on the specific area because it had more absentee owners than usual, compared to surrounding areas. So the assumption is, this is where more investors are buying. However, after researching more about the area, I have realized that there is a lot of 55+ communites in the area, much like some areas in Florida and other popular retirement destinations (which is probably why the absentee owner/owner occupied ratio is so high) So my questions is are, 

We pulled our list from List Source and selected only SFR's, so would these 55+ communities be included in that list or excluded? Many of the 55+ homes are mobile and manufactured homes and I'm pretty sure those would be excluded from the list we pulled. But, there are also many normal homes in these 55+ communities. Would these be included?

Do you want to mail to these communities in general? From what I have read around the forums, it looks like it can really complicate things depending on the specific community or association. Mind you our strategy is wholesaling. So we would most likely be looking to sell to an investor.

Last question, if these are not a good idea to mail to based on our situation, is there a way to exclude these communities when you are pulling the list from List Source?

Thanks so much to anyone that has input. We are excited to mail, but just don’t want to waste marketing dollars by mailing to those we probably can’t help. Thanks!

Loading replies...