Mailing owner occupied properties

6 Replies

Since most people seem to be mailing absentee owners with high equity, would it be a good idea to mail owner occupied properties with high equity? I was thinking of mailing the ones that purchased the house before 1999. Has anyone mailed owner occupied properties and had decent results? 

Yes- many are mailing those. If you're in a large enough market, add a filter to only mail to single individuals over 60 yrs old who have owned the home more than 15yrs. You'll catch people who are downsizing, moving in with kids or facilities, dying or already dead but property still in their name. It's not my most profitable list but it produces. 

@Adrien S. Do you buy the lists? I've been looking through the map that the county I live in has on their website and just clicking house by house in the areas I want to focus on. I've been doing it for a couple days for about an hour a day and have about 60 addresses so far. It doesn't tell me the age of the owners, but I'm only copying the ones that have owned for a while. Where did you get your list that allows you to filter by age as well?

Originally posted by @Ivan Enriquez :

@Adrien S. What is the most profitable list that you've had?

It varies. Right now it's absentee owner. But in Q1 that list was horrid and vacants was good. I mail 9 lists consistently every month and let the dice fall the way they do. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you