What should my mailer target be?

6 Replies

OK, I'm getting ready to send out my 1st big mailing for investment properties in Massachusetts.  I live in Amesbury/Newburyport area and so do my cash partners.  We would like to target homes anywhere from there down the 95 corridor to the lower part of the North Shore Beverly --Peabody, Danvers, and Salem areas.  I used to live in Beverly and work out of Salem, so I know those markets well.

What should I target?  I feel really comfortable working with short sales, foreclosures, and folks with inherited properties, but distressed properties are definitely in decline right now with the high market prices. So should I:

a) mail to the financially distressed homeowners anyway b/c they may not understand their options

b) mail to absentee owners

c) mail to high equity owners

d) mail to probates

e) you have a better idea!

Any idea with support will be strongly considered! Thanks, y'all!

@David Briley I would say that all of those lists work as well; however, you need to make sure that one list you stick to and mail continuously. If you are consistent and continually mail you will eventually get calls, it takes time though. 

Nope, I got that.  I've got mailing experience, just looking for advice on the target.  After an exhaustive search, I've got a set of high converting postcards and we're going to do 6 touches for each name on the list.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you