Is Baltimore more of a rental market ?

3 Replies

Hey guys im still new here and im stilling learning my market I wanted to know is Baltimore more of a rental market its been really hard to find good deals for flips? Also what are good inexpensive ways to find deals  that are off market ? 

@Account Closed   Yes Baltimore has a high percentage of renters vs homeowners. Of course the fact that deals for flips are hard to find demonstrates that it is a strong market for homeowner buyers too. Keep in mind you can flip to landlords to although it may mean tight margins. 

I think the best inexpensive way to find off market deals is track down owners of vacant houses. Direct mail is effective but it can be expensinve.

@Account Closed

There are many methods but it depends on your strengths and weaknesses and goals. If you are personable and know how to talk to people and have lots of time, door-knocking may be your best bet. If you have funds and want to scale to have an ever increasing pipeline of deals, direct-mail may be your thing. There's many ways to find off-market deals. Some people focus on internet marketing, some focus on creative marketing, some like to do illegal bandit signs and give real estate investors a bad name. Your strategy should work for you and your area that you are focusing on.

@Account Closed Baltimore truly has it all. There are still great flips out there and lots of rentals deals. The problem is that you won't find as many worthwhile deals for flips on the MLS. I'd really suggest talking to wholesalers and maybe doing some marketing if you are seriously pursuing the flip route.

Best of luck and let me know how I can help!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you