Best list providers for direct mail

14 Replies

What is everyone's opinion on the best list provider? or which companies are best for which list? ex. Rebogateway for the divorce list. I'm about to start my direct mail campaign next week and will be putting a good amount of money into my marketing and I want to make sure it's not going to waste! Also, does anyone have access to Rebogateway or any of the other list providers that just charge a monthly fee, in either San Diego CA, Riverside CA, Los Angeles CA, or El Paso tx? I would be willing to split some of the fees with you in exchange for access to pull a quick list. And while we're on the subject what list type have people had the most success from? ex. divorce, probate, absentee owner.... Thanks for your help!

@Michael Halow

Here's the best probate list provider that I use for Sacramento and San Francisco counties and it's free:

https://adtech.dailyjournal.com/legalAds/

Go to search then for county select San Diego. For category select probate then for Newspaper select The Daily Transcript.

In from is the date range where you can change the date from 30-60-90 days prior to today's date.

You can also use the website for Los Angeles county. Select Los Angeles Daily Journal & The Daily Commerce.

I didn't find probate listings using San Diego Commerce. 

Your still going to have to make the trip to the county courthouse to research the information that your interested in.

Remember this website is free and you can also grab the San Diego Union for probate "Notices". 

Since these probate notices have been published the administration process has already started and now the clock is ticking for the PR with attorney assistance to settle the estate(s). 

The longer the delay the greater the pain..

Good luck.... 

In @Anson Young 's new book, Finding and Funding Deals, he talks about using listsource. I personally don't have experience with direct mail yet, however. Best of luck with your marketing!

Listsource is the standard, though I think there will be some disruption there from upstarts in the next year or two.

Listsource is owned by core logic, which is the backbone for many MLS systems and title search systems nationwide. When it comes to the 'source' of the data, listsource is about as close as you can get on a nationwide level. Most county tax systems (assessor sites, etc) are old, slow and cumbersome. No matter where I'm pulling lists, listsource is my first stop.

(listsource, send me a check for endorsement now....  :-) )

I have been using CoreLogic's RealQuestPro for years. (Listsource is a scaled down version that they offer.) We have now over 15,000 completed transactions to show the data rocks. It's cheap enough that we don't bother sorting for owner types. If the property meets our criteria, every owner gets an offer.

We have been using direct mail to find sellers since the 90s. And it works. No driving for dollars here. We let the motivated sellers contact us and then we buy the properties we want. (land, houses, apartment buildings, commercial...)

Hope that helps!

Jill

@Michael Halow   ListSource is a great product but we found it does not offer all the intricacies we use to create detailed property/ownership lists. It might work great for you. Worth checking #s and compare pricing...  

P.s. I do know you can get full access to RQPro for $100/month nationwide plus $0.10/download for your shopping comps. (ownersdata offers it)

I'm currently testing out Propstream. Off the bat, it appears to be phenomenal (capabilities, reasonable monthly costs, interface, provided information, etc). However, I did just send a mailer last week with underwhelming results. Hopefully it's a one-off occurrence, or people are slow to call. Either way, I'll test for a bit longer.

If curious, this is a good video to check them out.

@Charles Lemons I didn't get the best results, personally. Perhaps I didn't fine tune it enough, but that was my experience. We use other methods of list acquisition, so I cancelled my subscription, as for the most part, the $100 were going unused. However, Propstream itself is powerful in many other ways. If I wasn't licensed and didn't have MLS accept, I would've kept it. There's a Facebook Propstream group you could check out and ask questions in as well, to get different perspectives. Search: Wholesaling Houses with Propstream

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you