Good Morning All!
I am a Real Estate Agent in So. Cal and I am just starting out in RE Investing. I have a private money lender and hard money lenders ready for me to find deals! The search for properties that will work with the numbers has so far been the most challenging aspect of the process. I have listened to numerous podcasts, read blogs, attended REI meetings, spoke with my mentor and will continue to do so, as I believe Education is the key to success. In the search for properties where the numbers will work, I have narrowed it down to a few options:
1) Search the MLS- Since I am a RE Agent I have direct access. This is the quickest way to search for properties, but there are very few "deals" in my area to be found. The best use of this for me so far has been to get the information on properties and analyse them.
2) Driving for Dollars- I have no problem doing this, in fact I find it to be the best way to actually see what's available in the area I'm looking to invest and get to know the neighborhoods. Once I find a property, I can look up the owners information on a Title Rep site, leave a note on the door, send a postcard, speak with the neighbors, and maybe even get the phone number to call the owner directly.
3) Direct Mail Leads- Through the Title Rep Company, I can enter parameters such as properties in foreclosure, REO's, Absentee owners, etc. and generate lists for target areas. Each record costs .08 cents which I feel is a fair price for these leads. Next would be to find a company like yellowletters.com that will generate and mail out the postcards to the addresses on my list.
Here are my questions: What software would you guys recommend for organizing my leads? The lists I get from the Title Rep Co. are able to be exported to an Excel Worksheet and there is also a way to export them to Corefact? has anyone used this company for marketing materials? Postcards run about 0.69 cents ea.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Hello @Sharon Thorson, I am in the same predicament as well, looking for a decant program for keeping track of things. I have been told to look at Ever Note but not struck on it.
Have you had any luck?
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you