• Akron, OH
Votes |
Investor Carrot Ohio

Mark Laudato
  • Investor
  • Akron, OH
Posted Oct 13 2017, 05:46

First post here! Been a Pro Member for some time, but time to ask some ?'s 

So, after much research on the marketing sides of things, I decided to pull the trigger on Investor Carrot. Love the site, set up was easy and was in full on training mode this week. I look forward to working the SEO and PPC to generate leads. 

As I emailed another local investor he noticed my email signature now reflected my new website and that we buy houses cash and fast. He immediately emailed back and said you need to take that down or the State of Ohio will fine you thousands of dollars. Now, I am not an agent and I am newer to investing over the last year.  

I guess the issue is that I must be able to PROVE that I can purchase the houses or it's frowned upon or even illegal in Ohio. I understand there is concern for hacks tying up the property and trying to wholesale tons of deals this way and that is by no means my intention. BUT, if I don't have a bank account showing I have the full funds to cover the costs of buying house (I use a hard money lender on most of my deals) I can get into trouble. 

Anyone have any insight? I hate to have to cancel already and I was really pumped to start the hard work of getting the site ranked high in SEO. This is by no means my only way to generate leads, but one I was/am excited about.  My wife was a realtor back in 2001 but let it fall apart once we got married. We looked into a renewal but it's been too long. She's willing to get her license again...Would that be advantageous to us in this matter at all? 

Appreciate any advice! 

-Mark 

Loading replies...