How do you find motivated sellers?

5 Replies

Just curious how many are leveraging online channels such as google, Facebook and how many are using the traditional methods (direct mail, signs). Why do you chose one over the other? What is working the best for you?

I started off doing traditional methods but now do exclusive lead generation online. Cheaper, works better and I don't have to leave the couch. What about you?

I am looking to start with both soon (offline and online marketing). My plan is to use different phone numbers and website to differentiate which method is working best

We pretty much only do social media or AdWords campaigns. No denying that direct mail can still be ROI positive if done consistently and creatively.

@Sandrine Tuekam I still use the phone. It's easy, it's free, and I can control how many leads I get, when I get them, and where the properties are located.

@Doug Pretorius Can't go wrong with dialing for dollars! I will say that controlling the lead attributes (especially where the property is located) is one great benefit of using the phone that you lose to a degree online. Most people don't do it because they hate the rejection though. Also, I remember you from Naked investor with MichaelC from years ago. What a small world!

@Sandrine Tuekam Well hey! Yeah small world! Even @Michael Carbonare is kicking around here somewhere :)

I can understand that. Personally I don't mind being told "no" right off the bat. What bothers me is being told "maybe", spending a bunch of time explaining things, and then being told "no". Grrr! It's such a waste of time that I've got to the point where if they don't say "yes" right away I just end the call. A bit brutal maybe, but necessary for my own sanity LOL!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.