DM campaign contact info

4 Replies

Hi, I am getting ready to send my first direct marketing campaign, focus is to vacant and run down house owners. Are people using their regular email and address for contact information or creating a separate email account and/ or PO Box?
Thank you.

@Jennifer Kusek See if you can get a list of properties in a zip code from a Realtor. I would focus on 3 BR 2 BA homes as they take just as much work as 2/1 or multifamily. Then cull the list and remove the owners who live on the property, there is usually a field that shows the owner. Market direct to non-owner occupied homes. These people may be tired of their properties. Its a great list to build. You can grow your list by adding more zip codes and build a relationship with the Realtor. 

I operate a Dog service business, good cash flow, on the side and I always ask people for feedback, we only get 10% of those emailed to respond to us. I would send a postcard, but turn it on the side so that they have to spend an extra 2-3 seconds to read it. Get creative with cards and mailers. Few people get a personalized card anymore. For those properties that are really special, you might write the card by hand, maybe buy a roll of lottery scratch off tickets and put one or two in there. Gimmicky - Yes, but it separates you from others. 

@Jennifer Kusek

Welcome to BP!

It's best to have a professional business email OR website and a telephone number with the area code you're mailing to. PO box is not good - you want a quick response and to talk to your potential prospect ASAP. 

If you want a direct mail game plan, scripts on how to talk to sellers, templates or other help with your campaign, feel free to holler and I'm glad to help.

Hi @Jennifer Kusek !  Totally agree with Ray.  Have a business name, a real address (UPS can provide those), get a google voice number (or similar), and set up a website (even if it's just a static page).  I like to assume that people will google me if they get a letter to see if I'm legit.  Good luck!

Thank you for the replies and advise.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.