Best demographics to target for vacant land?

1 Reply

Right now I'm targeting delinquent tax properties with my direct mail campaigns. Do you know if out-of-state or any other demographic info has similar response rates as targeting delinquent properties?

Hey @Bart Waldon , why only mail to tax delinquent properties?

We are wholesalers of many types of properties.

We are direct mail acquisition machines all without leaving our office (or home, or wherever we happen to be that day - haha). We pull assessor data from a direct link of the type of properties in the areas we want and send ALL the property owners an offer. (Not only out of state or tax delinquent.)

We scrub the list to remove things like: properties with a mortgage, duplicates, etc. and spend a tremendous amount of time on pricing, because although these offers may be a lot less than retail, they are not out of the question. We explain in our offer letter to sellers that we are serious investors, we are not agents/brokers, we pay cash, and are prepared to close in as soon as x number days. Then we wait for the motivated sellers to call us - and believe me they do. It works amazingly well, and it is how we get there first.

Only looking for tax delinquent properties severely limits your pool, and we have found great success in not filtering those out.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.