My Postcard Marketing Results

7 Replies

Hello guys

I’m looking for some constructive criticism here and directions from others that have actually gone this route. I’ve started my mailing campaign with postcards for wholeselling properties. I’ve mailed out 2500 post cards twice to the same mail list. No respondes yet. First group was sent Oct 26 and second group of postcards on Nov 8th. I have planned for 4 more 2500 postcard campaigns for a total of 6 mailers to the same group, good idea or not? 

Personally I️ would send 200 then again 200 to the same list 2 more times. 

If not change the message

Test the message without sending to the full 2500 unless it had great results 

@Brayan Sandoval , who’s your target audience? Your response rate would be affected in my estimation by the group you’re mailing to

504-556-2157

I've never personally done it but after listening to repeated podcasts I believe I remember hearing folks saying it took 4-6 sets of mailers to start getting responses. 

@Jeff Foulds my targeted audience are absentee homeowners with second homes that have value under $500k in a specific county.

Sounds like a good list. I’m not sure on the level of motivation

504-556-2157

Sorry hit post there- I think second homeowners in a broadly good market as we are in (not speaking on your micro market which may be different) may not be as motivated as some other categories of sellers (foreclosure, eviction landlords, bankruptcy, etc) so may not have high response rates but that said may not be a saturated market with a bunch of other investors. I’m not sure if that helps. I think that advice of smaller groups to test may not be a bad idea

504-556-2157

Just a small update; I’ve had 2 leads from the postcards.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.