Getting to know the Milwaukee Market

3 Replies

HI BP community,

I'm looking to Invest in SFH for buy and hold in the Milwaukee, WI Market.

From what i see and hear, the city is full of "pockets".

Which areas would you guys recommend to start looking at if my startegy is to purchase SFH's with 3 bed rooms and $850+ rents, in working class neighberhoods?

Thanks

Amit

@Amit Friedlander  easy to tell you some neighborhoods where you can do just that (there are plenty in MKE), but I'd let you run into a knife. So I would challange your strategy a bit, because I don't think it will serve you well! In a nutshell you are looking to buy big headaches and small returns. Is there a particular reason why you choose this strategy? I looked at your profile and it looks like you have not filled it out yet. Look at some of my recent posts, you will get a sense where I am comming from. Feel free to reach out, we can chat some more.

Hi Marcus, thanks for you inputs. I would love to accept the challenge on this strategy  :-)

Me and my partnering investors like the returns we get in typical working class, lower-middle income areas. Markets like Cleveland have worked well for us using this strategy .

I do not know what you mean by saying: buy big headaches and small returns. We steer away from low income and master our markets once we go in. Looking at three zip codes tops, so once a good deal comes along, we can assess and close quickly. It all depend if our numbers work and the deal makes sense. If not we keep going forward to the next lead.

I would love to chat. Will PM you and we can go from there.

Anybody else have any thoughts about this topic?

Thanks

Amit

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here