Direct mail and the thanksgiving weekend

4 Replies

I am wondering if timing on Direct mail makes a difference right before or after the long weekend for thanksgiving

I am ready to send about 4000 mailings would hate to have a bust if I time it wrong.

Perhaps @Ray Lai might have some insight. His company has been most helpful helping this old dog get caught up with the times on Direct mailing marketing

Anyone with any insight please reply. This site has been a financial life saver for me and a lot of it has to do with direct mail. I try to respond when ever I have something to contribute and I can say direct mail done for you by a third party Company that specialize. in it is the way to go.

Speaking of thanksgiving weekend I am thankful for the BP community. This site is awesome

210-573-3560

just send it. You can’t predict the behavior of 4000 people. Some are loners and won’t be with family. While others will be and it might be a good reminder to bring up moms house they all hate but have been holding on to. There’s no good time to mail in the next 6 weeks so wait it out and your January will suck. 

@Joe Davalos

I think you should track your data since you're going to mail it during Thanksgiving versus when you don't. I do know for a fact that when mail lands on heavy mail days then the response rate plummets because it's likely people don't want to open that amount of junk mail. During holiday weekends many people are out of town and when they do come back, they have a huge pile of letters. Sure some people might go through it all, but it's like mail landing on Mondays ^2. 

End of the day though, it only takes 1 person out of the 4000 you mail to actually open it and the profit you make from that more than makes up for that batch of mailing.

Since you're smart and running a long campaign, even if one batch gets a lower response rate you're still cultivating the seeds you planted many batches ago. Not a big deal even if the response rate is a bit lower for one batch.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.