• Investor
  • Huntsville, AL
Votes |
Off MKT Conversation

Brian Utley
  • Investor
  • Huntsville, AL
Posted Jan 17 2018, 09:19

I'm at the beginning of my real estate journey & have run into some mental roadblocks in search of my first flip property.  I've fixed up my last 2 residences, so I'm comfortable w/the rehab process, & I have my financing lined up.  It's finding the deal & the off market conversation/negotiation that's causing me anxiety & holding me back, so I'm looking for some feedback to get over this hurdle.  

After gaining traction with an off market property (thru direct mail, for ex.), do you feel the person out for motive to sell in the phone conversation?  Do you ask questions about the condition of the house?  Do you ask how much they're looking for or do you set the tone by initiating what you think?  Or do you ask about the opportunity to take a closer look at the property before discussing price since the initial evaluation is very rough on direct mail?  Do you utilize a home inspection in this scenario?  Do you use a standard real estate contract w/out a realtor in this kind of off market deal? 

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.  

Brian   

Loading replies...