How to get Probate and Eviction Lists?

4 Replies

Michael,

The easiest way, at least for me, to look for probate leads is by grabbing a copy of yesterday's newspaper and searching straight to the legal notices. What your looking for is something that says, "notice to creditors" and it should have a bunch of legal Jaron in it followed by the attorney's information.

What your specifically looking for is the "case number". Take that case number, go down to the court house and look for it in the public records. "courtreferences.com" gives you the location of where the government posts probate for public notice. The case number is your ticket to understand if it is filed by date or by case number. For Washington it is filed by case number.

Ask the receptionist for a daily list or how to get a daily list. Typically online and easy to find. The government will post a list daily of "notice of claims" or "letter to creditors" or "guardian of so and so" or "court hearing for whatever"...... of course probate is the one you want and sometimes isn't always on there daily, I am finding out.

I don't know how it is for Texas but hopefully that helps or gives you and idea of where to start.

@Michael Ireland-Castanon Search the online county records. This is the best way to get the freshest data. I just have a virtual assistant scrape these and make a list. You could also do them yourself, however it will take some time. Another option would be to pay a list provider such as Rebo gateway or Real Aquisitions since your in Houston and they are local. Hope this helps!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you