Votes
Sharon Vornholt
  • Goshen, KY
Votes |
Using Handwritten Bandit Signs

Sharon Vornholt
  • Goshen, KY
Posted Aug 12 2010, 06:36

I decided to try something new this week to market a wholesale property; handwritten “bandit†signs. In the past we have used “We Buy Houses†bandit signs for finding deals. I really am not a big fan of this whole process to be quite honest. I hate putting those signs out! After the last time I subjected myself to feeling like a “bandit†on the run, I had decided that if I ever were to use bandit signs again I would hire someone to put them up for me.

Recently I have heard of other real estate investors using handwritten signs to sell their properties and I decided to give it a try. I have to tell you, I was quite surprised by the results I got and definitely consider this experiment a success. Over the weekend I put out about 10-12 signs in the area where the house is located. I have gotten half dozen calls in just a few days from people that want to look at the house. Most all of these calls came from other real estate investors looking for something to rehab.

I put a few of the signs several miles away from the house on heavily traveled streets which were on the “route†to the house This particular property is not going to work for some of the investors that called, but I have been able to put them on my buyers list for future deals. Best of all, I have a potential buyer!

Has anyone else has success using these types of signs?

Loading replies...