• Investor
  • Spring, TX
Votes |
Best Strategies for Advertising a Rental Property

Jeff Smith
  • Investor
  • Spring, TX
Posted Mar 18 2018, 12:42

My first single-family house that I purchased as an investor was a flood house from Hurricane Harvey. As we have been getting closer to the completion date with the contractor, I posted the property on Zillow and also posted a sign out front of the house. Unfortunately, the house is towards the back of the subdivision, and so it does not get a lot of thru traffic which results in low views. Not to mention that the Houston market is abounding with new rentals everyday! To try and get more traffic on the website, I posted several other signs around the neighborhood and the feeder roads near the entrance to the subdivision, near the school, and near one shopping center. Still, the view count on Zillow is pretty low. What strategies have you in the BP community used when the sign out front of the property isn't getting enough hits? What strategies outside of social media, Craigslist, and other websites have you tried? What strategies seem to give you the best bang for the buck? I'm looking forward to hearing about your stories! Here is also a link to my house for rent. Maybe you have some insights on how to improve it? Thanks.

My House Posted for Rent

Loading replies...