Votes
Doug Haisten
  • Mobile, AL
Votes |
Driving for Dollars In Action

Doug Haisten
  • Mobile, AL
Posted Mar 19 2018, 10:10

Background: Recent changes to my 9-5 job (laid off) finds me with time and opportunity to go all ahead in RE. I had already sent out a direct mail piece (my first) and got a good response. These were out of state absentee owners. I am poised to send out my second and third, etc. going for the 5-7 touches.

Looking for something a bit faster (?) and looking for another channel for leads I have started Driving 4 Dollars. I am curious what information I need to gather at the property? Certainly the address but should I write down information about the house such as vacant or in need of repair (like tree fallen through the roof of a vacant house, or another vacant house I saw with a general run down appearance and a large tarp over the roof). Do I take a picture of the house. My thought is for house just vacant with so so appearance and/or maintenance I might be dealing with a land lord and thus send a letter rather than a card appealing to the owner that might want to get out of the rental "business" or at least this property and the maintenance headaches while a letter to the owner of a house with a tree through the roof may not want the hassles of repairs, etc and get a different letter. Also, does anyone take pictures of the houses and maybe send those with a letter if it helps convey the idea of selling? I guess the point of my post is we need to look for the urgent need of the house owner that we can solve for them. I may be way out in left field in what I am thinking.  

Also, if the name of the owners and their phone number is obtained does anyone personally call (with or without an preliminary letter?

Doug

Loading replies...