• Flipper/Rehabber
  • Toms River, NJ
Votes |
Using Direct Mail Marketing to Flip Houses

Matthew Rembish
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Toms River, NJ
Posted Apr 11 2018, 15:19

So I don't think it's any secret that things are starting to get more competitive in our markets. It's been next to impossible to find a deal on the MLS lately and then when I do, I'm competing with 20, 30, sometimes 40 people. It's not even worth my time anymore. With that said, I've started looking into alternative options and I was thinking of getting a list from ListSource and sending out some letters.

Here's my question. I have an excellent agent and would like to keep him involved if I can, as he has proven very helpful over the years and I'm not looking to cut him off. Would it be awkward to inform him of my marketing intentions but to assure him that he will get the listing when the time comes to sell? I was also hoping to ask him for some comps on the properties in the very beginning when I get them under contract. Is this too much to ask or unfair? I would like to keep fostering this relationship as much as I can, but this market is starting to force my hand.

Final question, being a cash buyer, how does it work when an agent isn't involved in the very beginning? Do I still need an agent to produce all of the paperwork to sign or can I go directly through a title company for this?

Any guidance or advice on any of this is very much appreciated. Thank you!!! 

Loading replies...