Votes |
How to find reliable statistics for presentations

Jason Ridout
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • parksville, bc
Posted Apr 29 2018, 23:38

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to expand my investing to the next level by getting investors. I've got half a dozen rentals of my own, but need additional capital to grow. I'm in the middle of putting together a presentation to pitch to possible investors. I'd like to include as much number based factual information as possible.

The biggest point I'm trying to get across to investors is that even though the housing market fluctuates, the rental of housing stays fairly stable. I would love to find the actual numbers to back this up, or better yet, a graph or chart, showing a direct comparison between the stock market, and rental incomes over the last 10,20 or 30 years. Or stats showing a comparison between housing pricing and rent pricing, or all three, stocks, housing and rent prices. I know every city is going to vary in prices for rent and houses, but to see an overall image of how the USA or North America was effected during the 2007, 2008 recession would be interesting. I believe houses dropped in price, stocks dropped, but rent stayed fairly stable in most areas. This would be a great stat to pass on to potential investors to make them feel their money is stable during downturns, enabling them to weather any future storms.

Thanks for reading!

Loading replies...