Direct Mail Campaign Advice

7 Replies

Hi All -  What type of mailing campaigns have you found to be successful lately?  Should it be a combination of post cards and letters?  Should it just be simply in stating that we'll buy your house for all cash with no hassles, fees, inspections, etc?  

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Mike

Hi Michael, how are you targeting your properties?  Are you spotting specific ones or just blanketing a neighborhood?  Identifying your target properties, in my opinion, is the most important starting point.  Typically formatting your message so that it appears personal like a letter to the owner is another good approach.  Stating that you are a local individual investor who is looking to reinvest into the community vs. an outside, larger corporate entity like "We Buy Ugly Houses" may also be appealing to a prospective seller.  Message should be clear, simple and short.  "I was driving in the neighborhood, saw your house and I'm really interested in speaking with you about making an offer to buy it.  Please contact me at....".  Options...  People love options.  If you can, you can include one option to buy the house cash and a 2nd option to owner finance the house with a slightly higher purchase price.  You state this in your letter saying "... you can earn passive income as a seller when owner financing...". You state the terms you're willing to agree to for the loan including interest rate and down payment.  All of these approaches can increase your chances for landing a deal.  But it's a numbers game.  Volume and repetition.  Good luck.

Andy

@Michael Elfant - NJ is a pretty competitive market for investors, so you might consider something other than the Absentee Owner lists that are used a lot.

I'd suggest that you target Seniors in your campaign as they are often ready to downsize or transition. This can be further targeted by choosing the homeowners that have a low Financial Stability Score (FSS).

There are 1,656 Senior Homeowners with low FSS in Hudson County, NJ. Owner occupied, age 50-89, 20+ year ownership, home value $50-400,000.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you