Crazy marketing ideas that you love to try

3 Replies

I was emailing with a REI marketing company today when my wife and biz partner (@Elizabeth Wilson ) threw out the not practical but crazy idea of "live bandit signs" where we hire beautiful and buff people to body paint with our "we buy houses" logo and have them walk around busy intersections in Memphis.

Obviously we aren't going to do this, but it did get me thinking about other ways we could market that takes current ideas and tweak them in unusual ways.   

Anything that you have thought about doing for marketing but for whatever reason is impractical for you?

@McKinley Carbone - Scented mailers!  I like that idea.  

In you business have you seen any wacky ideas people have used in the content of their mailings?  

Our direct mail is pretty standard but I'd bet there are folks out there who have tried all sorts of phrasing/images!

@Sam Wilson we have had a bunch of unique tactics come through our door. I don't want to give out anyone's secrets publicly though! I will say that I think if you can find a way to put a smile on the prospects face then you have a better chance of getting a call. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you