First direct mail campaign

53 Replies

Finally decided to do my first direct mail campaign because I can't find any good deals on the MLS. Seems like any time there is a half way decent deal, something I would still try to get knocked down a good 15%, it has an accepted offer at list price or above by the end of the day.

I wanted to do pre-probates and inheritance leads for my first campaign. But I couldn't find any cheap lists, and to go through county records and scrub all of the junk deals was taking way too much time. So I think I decided on absentee owners for now. The criteria I have set so far is at least 40% equity, and a home value of <100k. I was thinking about also doing a purchase of >10 years ago, but I read that a good majority of motivated sellers are new investors that just want to get out.

Are there any tips that anyone would recommend to get the best ROI? I'm looking to buy them all with cash, so I probably will only be buying 1-2 houses a month if possible. So I don't really need 1,000 leads, just a few high quality ones.

I haven't found a deal on the MLS in over two years. I think that is true for most areas of the country. There are no deals left to be found on the MLS.

Absentee owners are the most heavily mailed lists there are. Every guru out there tells people to mail absentee owners. And many people mail it because it is cheap. If it's easy and cheap, you can bet there's a million other people doing the same thing.

In my opinion, you need to find a way to stand out from the crowd in this ultra competitive REI environment we have nowadays. Be creative. Think outside the box. Use your own style and personality to come up with a unique list to mail and/or a unique marketing/advertising method. Be creative with your mail pieces and try to do something other than the same old tired "we buy houses" phrase.

I know in my area, we have reached a point of absolute saturation with the number of realtors and investors out there. Just in the last couple to a few years, I have seen the number of wholesalers in my area increase exponentially and the same is true with realtors. Im also seeing a lot of the new realtors trying to be investors also. And all these newbies and rookies are all doing the same exact things...

The longer someone has owned a property the increased chances for emotional attachment (whether its primary residence or investment). Emotional attachment equals inflated property value in the seller's mind. I would stick with less than 10 years.  

What is your strategy?  Buy and hold? Flip and sell? To increase ROI you could take into consideration the rent rates and if they are undermarket.  It's a great way to increase return fairly easily.  Also look for deferred capital maintenance or landscaping. If you have connections to get roofing, electrical, etc done at below open market prices you will have a great return on deferred capital maintenance like roofs, old fuse boxes, etc.

All I know is I did a lot of work to make an effective direct mail piece last few weeks. 65 or so mailed, 4 calls already.  2 interested in selling. Got to think outside the box. Do what others aren't doing or willing to do.

Sure. This is my first one ever but I've studied them for years owning another small business (never did more than postcards though for my lawn biz). Here are my thoughts on why it is so effective. Target market fourplex owners only.

1. It was honest. I explained that my goal was to live in it with my young family and get closer to other family at the same time. (trying to get the kids closer to Grandma)

2. I explained I was preapproved. I wanted to attach the letter but didn't get it in time.

3. Included a pic of my family on the top of letter.

4. My wife and I handsigned each one.

5. Real stamps.

6. Real return address with our names.

7. Handwritten envelopes.

8. Cardstock paper.

9. I broke every rule in marketing. It was a me me me, us us us, I, I, I letter. It wasn't littered with marketing tactics like I am going to solve problems that they didn't know they had. It was a full page. No bullet points. Just genuine, because that's me.

10. Each one was personalized with name and property address. I used mailmerge for this.

11. Gave them the option to call or email to make it less weird for them. I received 3 calls, 1 email.

Last call yesterday was from a very nice owner who did not want to sell. He called to let me know how much he appreciated the letter. He specifically mentioned the cardstock paper.

The last batch I sent, I realized I cut an entire sentence off in the middle. Two people out of all of them got the corrected version. I meant to come back to it and change the wording, never did. I was devastated and embarrassed. Thought I wasted the whole week, paper, envelopes, stamps...

Of course, While doing the letters an MLS property came on the market and I am currently highest offer (not sure if best), hoping to have that under contract today...

I have been interested in this for 4 years. It is amazing what can happen by taking action. It's been a month since I decided to take action and have been every day ever since.

So, now I have 2 leads for my next deal before the possible first one is even done.

I ran a report for Chippewa County, WI. There are a fair number of properties where they don't  report complete information. However, there are 567 absentee owners with property in the county. Eliminate property known to be purchased after 6/2008, eliminate known low equity, home value less that $100,000.

Originally posted by @Brandon Hurlburt :

Finally decided to do my first direct mail campaign because I can't find any good deals on the MLS. Seems like any time there is a half way decent deal, something I would still try to get knocked down a good 15%, it has an accepted offer at list price or above by the end of the day.

I wanted to do pre-probates and inheritance leads for my first campaign. But I couldn't find any cheap lists, and to go through county records and scrub all of the junk deals was taking way too much time. So I think I decided on absentee owners for now. The criteria I have set so far is at least 40% equity, and a home value of <100k. I was thinking about also doing a purchase of >10 years ago, but I read that a good majority of motivated sellers are new investors that just want to get out.

Are there any tips that anyone would recommend to get the best ROI? I'm looking to buy them all with cash, so I probably will only be buying 1-2 houses a month if possible. So I don't really need 1,000 leads, just a few high quality ones.

Hey Brandon, 

Several things. I am not sure if you have realistic expectations on this investing game.

Trust me you will not get 1000's of leads.

At best with a killer website you will get between 4 and 8 quality leads a week. (but you need an amazing website for this).

Then you don't do "direct mail marketing because you can't find anything on MLS". That is not the reason you do DMM nor is that the obvious thing to do if MLS is not working out.

As a starting investor, you do DMM simply because you have no other (efficient) way to get leads. Driving for dollars and bandit signs are crap! Don't even bother. 

WHILE you do DMM it is extremely important to gt your website going. DMM should NEVER EVERRRRR be your main lead generating source. NEVER! It is annoying, time consuming expensive unreliable etc. etc.

Do it until your site is ranking one on Google and if your credibility score is decent you will get a ton of leds a week. (For FREE!)

Like so:

You asked for tips on getting the best ROI... yet you talk about DMM.

This is like saying "I am hungry, can anyone give me tips on what to do... but I don't want to deal with anything edible". The mistake most people make I am trying to help is as follows.

They already have their mind made up with a specific thing they need help with and they are not willing to change it no matter how logic it is they are doing it wrong.

You want a good ROI. WORK ON YOUR WEBSITE! (While doing DMM)

@Jerryll Noorden

What's a good resource(s) to learn about building a proper website for lead generation? 

It's still a good idea even if there are a bunch of other investors ranking high on google? 

Originally posted by @Jerryll Noorden :
Originally posted by @Brandon Hurlburt:

Hey Brandon, 

Several things. I am not sure if you have realistic expectations on this investing game.

At best with a killer website you will get between 4 and 8 quality leads a week. (but you need an amazing website for this).

Then you don't do "direct mail marketing because you can't find anything on MLS". That is not the reason you do DMM nor is that the obvious thing to do if MLS is not working out.

As a starting investor, you do DMM simply because you have no other (efficient) way to get leads. Driving for dollars and bandit signs are crap! Don't even bother. 

WHILE you do DMM it is extremely important to gt your website going. DMM should NEVER EVERRRRR be your main lead generating source. NEVER! It is annoying, time consuming expensive unreliable etc. etc.

Do it until your site is ranking one on Google and if your credibility score is decent you will get a ton of leds a week. (For FREE!)

Like so:

This is like saying "I am hungry, can anyone give me tips on what to do... but I don't want to deal with anything edible". The mistake most people make I am trying to help is as follows.

They already have their mind made up with a specific thing they need help with and they are not willing to change it no matter how logic it is they are doing it wrong.

I also run a small business doing security systems. I have A LOT of experience with various types of marketing. Trade shows, DM, Sep, PPC, door knocking, etc. I can tell you right now I want nothing to do with the ultra competitive nature of Google AdWords.  I already stated I only am looking to buy maybe 1 house a month. I can just about do that with just my personal connections and free Craigslist posts. To be able to send out 500 mailers a month, will costs only a couple hundred dollars. In my experience I can waste that in a day with AdWords. Absolutely horrible idea unless you want to try and run some huge empire.

Originally posted by @Brandon Hurlburt :
Originally posted by @Jerryll Noorden:
Originally posted by @Brandon Hurlburt:

Hey Brandon, 

Like so:

I also run a small business doing security systems. I have A LOT of experience with various types of marketing. Trade shows, DM, Sep, PPC, door knocking, etc. I can tell you right now I want nothing to do with the ultra competitive nature of Google AdWords.  I already stated I only am looking to buy maybe 1 house a month. I can just about do that with just my personal connections and free Craigslist posts. To be able to send out 500 mailers a month, will costs only a couple hundred dollars. In my experience I can waste that in a day with AdWords. Absolutely horrible idea unless you want to try and run some huge empire.

Oh Brandon Brandon. To be young and innocent.  Not sure how much you know about internet marketing but who mentioned anything about Google adworks?!

I have a feeling you may not know much about Seriously Evil Ostriches (SEO).

Trade shows?? What the heck? First no need to be defensive. I am actually giving you solid advice. Yes... I am helping you. If you buy 1 house every 4 years sure don't worry about SEO.  If you want to buy a house a month?! That is serious investing in anyone's book and of course you should get a website and do SEO. 

Let me give you another piece if solid advice.  Have an open mind. Dont be so defensive as this is not a competition who knows more. Don't assume you know what the other person is talking about and try to listen and make an effort understanding what he/she is trying  to say.

Believe me... within a few months to a year you will come back here and say "damn he was right I really do need a website".

Buy one house a month with 500 mailers a month? Okay I highly doubt you have ever done any direct mail marketing if you are seriously telling me these numbers are realistic.

But it' up to you.  Again no one is talking about paid marketing. I have never touched AdWorks.  My leads come in organically and for free because I am just really really sexy!

Yes for free!! ( other than the cost of hosting the site on internet).

Originally posted by @Pratik P. :

@Jerryll Noorden

What's a good resource(s) to learn about building a proper website for lead generation? 

It's still a good idea even if there are a bunch of other investors ranking high on google? 

Man, it is ESPECIALLY a good idea to get a website when other investors are ranking high.

Keep in mind no one pops out of their mama ranking high. Someone was ranking high when these other investors took over the ranks.

When I started doing SEO, there was a website  (investor Carrot)website ranking 1. Not only where they ranking high, they used  their special services (you pay extra and the Investor Carrot Team, will manually do your SEO for you! Yet I beat their *** so bad they completely gave up and are no where to be found! (sorry...  not sorry ^_^).

Never think that way. ALl these big investors out there are counting on exactly that... trying to come over as intimidating untouchable. The only person  untouchable is .. ME!

And I encourage you to think that same way. The only person everyone needs to fear.. is you! Think it believe it, act it, and before you know it, you'll be it!

Freck yes it is! Do the work and know your stuff, and kick their butts to the curb man! Don't just talk the talk, make sure you are the real deal before you talk the talk!

@Brandon Hurlburt

If you come from a PPC background how could you possibly make that statement that Adwords is "Absolutely horrible idea unless you want to try and run some huge empire". 

Idk if you just weren't profitable with your PPC experience or what cause that is the most false statement of 2018 I've ever heard. 

I will agree with you on Adwords' competitive nature, but that still is not enough info to make an educated decision on your POTENTIAL PROFIT! Plain and simple if you can make the numbers work then you will be profitable. 

Adwords is not only for huge companies, thousands upon thousands of small business owners use AdWords. Fact is most of these business owners are only spending $1k a month not 20k plus.

Also your statement "To be able to send out 500 mailers a month, will cost only a couple hundred dollars. In my experience I can waste that in a day with AdWords" is basically in my experience I couldn't show up for relevant traffic spending a few hundred in a day. I don't how it can be a waste when you are showing up for the terms that you are supposed to be showing up for 

Obviously, I'm not here just to slander you so I'm actually going to explain EXACTLY how to be profitable in Adwords while in a competitive market.

First off I want you to get the idea of competition out of your head. People keep saying over and over but but but I'm in a competitive market how could I possibly be profitable Angel?!!?? 

Take the misconception that you have about competition and see the competition as opportunity no matter what market you are in. I don't care if you're in Houston or South Dakota you CAN be profitable.

Heres how I see it (mentioned this in an  earlier post)... If I'm launching a new account I'll take a gauge at the competition, yes, but not to see how big they are but to see what wording they are using, how are they positioning themselves in the marketplace, are they using relevant ad copy, are they using the keyword in the path URL, are they even using something so basic as ad extensions. I'm looking for the week points where I can swoop in and actually making a difference.

Once that's sorted out it's about finding out how you want to structure your campaign the nitty gritty things like keywords, bid strategy, etc...

Obviously if your in a competitive market with bigger fish that should tell you. A majority of them are just egotistical and want to show up #1 for every single keyword driving up the price with bidding wars, which is simply not the way to go.

In the beginning, you want to move from a conservative account testing the number of impressions on keywords, CPA, CPC, ad copy, etc... Once you know what works on a small scale you start scaling it up. Bidding high on keywords proven to get you a solid CPA, testing ad copy more often, etc...

Keep in mind with that conservative approach you want to be bidding offensively low, just to see if you can spend the full daily budget. That will ensure you are not making very large mistakes that will cost something like a $100 or whatever just cause you didn't think to add it as a negative.

I just don't see how the competition should influence you starting out. You have no clue what your CPA will even be whether you do mailers or digital marketing. How can someone make a data-driven decision on if the CPA is going to profitable by just going off of if their big fish in the marketplace.

Instead of guessing test it. Adwords is all about testing, so why not test to see if you actually can get a profitable campaign going even with big spenders in your market. Cause I can tell you right now it's most certainly doable.

Side note: To find out exactly how you stack up against your competition would be to use the tools within adwords such as your auction insights and your search impressions. 

Search impressions gives you data on how much of the adwords pie you are getting. So if you have an 80% impr share then that means you qualify for 80% of the traffic to that keyword. You can look at this from a campaign, ad group, and keyword level. This way you can judge what keywords are being eaten up by the bigger players and what keywords the competitors are not utilizing which goes back to getting an edge in the marketplace.

So yea I don't really worry much about the competition. I just do whatever is allowed in that market.

Now how do you know you're profitable? FOLLOW YOUR NUMBERS! You should not be going into Adwords not know what your KPIs need to be. Every market is different so you need to find out how expensive yours will be. 

I can tell you right now that Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin is not going to be as expensive to advertise as Houston, Texas. So no you can not go off of what billy bob the investor told you about his account in Florida when you're somewhere totally different. 

Do the math. We'll be using 4 key metrics

• APD (Average profit per deal)
  • LPD (Leads per deal)
  • Crv. (Conversion rate of the landing page)
  • CPC (Cost per click)
  • CPA (Cost per acquisition)

For this example...

Joe Shmoe's Metrics

• APD= 12k
  • LPD= 1/25
  • Crv= 4%
  • CPC= $4
  • CPA=$100

Joe Shmoe is a wholesaler whose APD is 12k, LPD is 1/25, and the Crv of his landing page is 4%. So Joe needs 625 clicks to his website to close 1 deal (25\625) based on his website Crv. of 4%. Joes's CPC is $4 on Google AdWords. Based on this knowledge you can multiply Joe's CPC by his needed clicks (4 x 625) which would equal 2,500.

I will mention that I don't pay attention to the CPC much but rather the CPA... The CPA of the deal has to be under $100. I don't pay attention much to the CPC because it doesn't matter as long as we are hitting CPA also through my experience I never really hit the goal CPC but rather hit the CPA.

So Joe should be investing $2,500 in paid advertising to generate 1 deal. Now you could add a 30% buffer just to be safe. This is just an example everyone's numbers will most likely be different. All you have to do is Switch the numbers with yours to effectively calculate your max investment peer deal.

Now obviously you may find cant spend your whole max investment per month, that's okay, spend what you can. However, don't expect PPC to be an ineffective marketing form just because you couldn't meet your numbers. This formula can also work with other forms of marketing, just switch numbers for what is realistic for you.

Now if you still wouldn't even consider PPC then SEO would be your best bet. Pay attention to everything @Jerryll Noorden says and read all his old post and just start implementing. 

Best of luck to your business success my friend ❗️

Originally posted by @Angel-Ty L. :

@Brandon Hurlburt

If you come from a PPC background how could you possibly make that statement that Adwords is "Absolutely horrible idea unless you want to try and run some huge empire". 

Idk if you just weren't profitable with your PPC experience or what cause that is the most false statement of 2018 I've ever heard. 

I will agree with you on Adwords' competitive nature, but that still is not enough info to make an educated decision on your POTENTIAL PROFIT! Plain and simple if you can make the numbers work then you will be profitable. 

Adwords is not only for huge companies, thousands upon thousands of small business owners use AdWords. Fact is most of these business owners are only spending $1k a month not 20k plus.

Also your statement "To be able to send out 500 mailers a month, will cost only a couple hundred dollars. In my experience I can waste that in a day with AdWords" is basically in my experience I couldn't show up for relevant traffic spending a few hundred in a day. I don't how it can be a waste when you are showing up for the terms that you are supposed to be showing up for 

Obviously, I'm not here just to slander you so I'm actually going to explain EXACTLY how to be profitable in Adwords while in a competitive market.

First off I want you to get the idea of competition out of your head. People keep saying over and over but but but I'm in a competitive market how could I possibly be profitable Angel?!!?? 

Take the misconception that you have about competition and see the competition as opportunity no matter what market you are in. I don't care if you're in Houston or South Dakota you CAN be profitable.

Heres how I see it (mentioned this in an  earlier post)... If I'm launching a new account I'll take a gauge at the competition, yes, but not to see how big they are but to see what wording they are using, how are they positioning themselves in the marketplace, are they using relevant ad copy, are they using the keyword in the path URL, are they even using something so basic as ad extensions. I'm looking for the week points where I can swoop in and actually making a difference.

Once that's sorted out it's about finding out how you want to structure your campaign the nitty gritty things like keywords, bid strategy, etc...

Obviously if your in a competitive market with bigger fish that should tell you. A majority of them are just egotistical and want to show up #1 for every single keyword driving up the price with bidding wars, which is simply not the way to go.

In the beginning, you want to move from a conservative account testing the number of impressions on keywords, CPA, CPC, ad copy, etc... Once you know what works on a small scale you start scaling it up. Bidding high on keywords proven to get you a solid CPA, testing ad copy more often, etc...

Keep in mind with that conservative approach you want to be bidding offensively low, just to see if you can spend the full daily budget. That will ensure you are not making very large mistakes that will cost something like a $100 or whatever just cause you didn't think to add it as a negative.

I just don't see how the competition should influence you starting out. You have no clue what your CPA will even be whether you do mailers or digital marketing. How can someone make a data-driven decision on if the CPA is going to profitable by just going off of if their big fish in the marketplace.

Instead of guessing test it. Adwords is all about testing, so why not test to see if you actually can get a profitable campaign going even with big spenders in your market. Cause I can tell you right now it's most certainly doable.

Side note: To find out exactly how you stack up against your competition would be to use the tools within adwords such as your auction insights and your search impressions. 

Search impressions gives you data on how much of the adwords pie you are getting. So if you have an 80% impr share then that means you qualify for 80% of the traffic to that keyword. You can look at this from a campaign, ad group, and keyword level. This way you can judge what keywords are being eaten up by the bigger players and what keywords the competitors are not utilizing which goes back to getting an edge in the marketplace.

So yea I don't really worry much about the competition. I just do whatever is allowed in that market.

Now how do you know you're profitable? FOLLOW YOUR NUMBERS! You should not be going into Adwords not know what your KPIs need to be. Every market is different so you need to find out how expensive yours will be. 

I can tell you right now that Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin is not going to be as expensive to advertise as Houston, Texas. So no you can not go off of what billy bob the investor told you about his account in Florida when you're somewhere totally different. 

Do the math. We'll be using 4 key metrics

• APD (Average profit per deal)
  • LPD (Leads per deal)
  • Crv. (Conversion rate of the landing page)
  • CPC (Cost per click)
  • CPA (Cost per acquisition)

For this example...

Joe Shmoe's Metrics

• APD= 12k
  • LPD= 1/25
  • Crv= 4%
  • CPC= $4
  • CPA=$100

Joe Shmoe is a wholesaler whose APD is 12k, LPD is 1/25, and the Crv of his landing page is 4%. So Joe needs 625 clicks to his website to close 1 deal (25\625) based on his website Crv. of 4%. Joes's CPC is $4 on Google AdWords. Based on this knowledge you can multiply Joe's CPC by his needed clicks (4 x 625) which would equal 2,500.

I will mention that I don't pay attention to the CPC much but rather the CPA... The CPA of the deal has to be under $100. I don't pay attention much to the CPC because it doesn't matter as long as we are hitting CPA also through my experience I never really hit the goal CPC but rather hit the CPA.

So Joe should be investing $2,500 in paid advertising to generate 1 deal. Now you could add a 30% buffer just to be safe. This is just an example everyone's numbers will most likely be different. All you have to do is Switch the numbers with yours to effectively calculate your max investment peer deal.

Now obviously you may find cant spend your whole max investment per month, that's okay, spend what you can. However, don't expect PPC to be an ineffective marketing form just because you couldn't meet your numbers. This formula can also work with other forms of marketing, just switch numbers for what is realistic for you.

Now if you still wouldn't even consider PPC then SEO would be your best bet. Pay attention to everything @Jerryll Noorden says and read all his old post and just start implementing. 

Best of luck to your business success my friend ❗️

Most of the young guys here have loud voices without substance.  This is one young one you can trust is knowledgeable. 

Like he said, no one is slandering you. He,  like me genuinely is trying to help by bluntly telling you where your logic is not accurate.  

Hope you can see that.

And feel free to ask and question our logic. Always up for sharing knowkedge.

Originally posted by @Pratik P. :

@Jerryll Noorden

Sorry. I didn't see the first question.

I have one Amaaaaazing SEO resource for you. Don't think I can post it here in the open.

Will sent it through a private message!

You are welcome!!

Originally posted by @Jerryll Noorden :
Originally posted by @Pratik P.:

@Jerryll Noorden

I have one Amaaaaazing SEO resource for you. Don't think I can post it here in the open.

You are welcome!!

Please send that my way as well. Thanks buddy!

Originally posted by @Brian Garrett :
Originally posted by @Jerryll Noorden:
Originally posted by @Pratik P.:

@Jerryll Noorden

You are welcome!!

Please send that my way as well. Thanks buddy!

Dang it. Before you know it everyone will know my SEO secrets!!

Sent! ^_^

Originally posted by @Luke Sass :

Jerryll Noorden
Can you send me your SEO resource as well, it sounds like I should burn my direct mail and focus on a nice website?

The more lines you have in the water the more deals you will make. That is the "wise" thing to do.

In theory yes.

But imagine this.

I get about 8 leads every monday, 6 on tuesday , if I get lucky, 3 on wednesday, 5 on thursday 1 on friday, weekends I rarely get leads.

This translates to about 20 to 30 leads a week.

There is no way I can handle this many leads (unless I scale up and employ people and make this a really serious business, which I will, just not now).

So why would I fork over 3K a month, and spending time and effort designing th emailers, sending the mailers tracking the mailers, monitoring which mailers work and which don't, skip tracing returned addresses, keep track which recipients need to be sent a second mailer blah blah blah.. are you kidding?!

Heck no! To hell with Direct mailing.

Is DM bad?

nooooo absolutely not.

You most likely do not have a ranking site, and even if you do, 9 out of 10 people (investors) and self proclaimed SEO guru's really have NO friggin clue how to leverage SEO and credibility to get people to opt in.

So more likely than not you do not have a successful lead generating website.

Till you have an awesome lead generating website you need SOME WAY of getting deals. Door knocking and bandit signs will hurt your credibility so do not do this!

DM is the obvious first step, but I would stop this the second you are getting leads for free (like me). Now when you are going to scale up and want to really make millions seriously, yeah, then do DM and every possible way to get a lead.

Also...

never EVER say "nice website". The BIGGEST mistake people make is to make their site "nice" and "clean", clear professional. 

Every letter, picture joke, word, sentence, color... has a specific purpose. People do not notice this because I am quite good at it even if I say so myself, but everything I do , say to the tiniest little politically incorrect joke I make on this forum has a SPECIFIC purpose and goal. So does my website and its design. There is ZERO filler. Nothing I say is "bonus".

I constantly test and monitor. If something I say, a word, a sentence is not increasing clicks, time on page, interaction or a sign up, it is gone!

BUT BE CAREFUL!!!

You have those that just copy my site, because they see it work for me.

NEVER copy anyone and here is why I laugh when I see them copying me.

Imagine you have a lush amazing vegetable garden. Your neighbor sees it and is jealous and ants it too. They spy on you and they see you amend the soil with nitrogen and 10-4-8 fertilizer. So they say.. Ohh cool, I will buy the same fertilizer and apply it to my little crappy garden. 

What happens? All the plants die. Why?

The gardener with the lush yard tested the soil, he (because all awesome gardeners are male), amended the soil with the missing nutrients. The neighbor has different soil. .. let's say too much nitrogen.. and she/he is adding more nitrogen, because they saw the neighbor doing it too...

So they steal the "solution" of the neighbor without having a friggin CLUE why or what  the neighbor did it in the first place.

If you want to be successful at this, do not just look at others and see what they do and do it too. NO, no no!

Learn SEO, Understand it. Once you understand it you can evaluate your site.. YOUR SITE, and then identify your weak sections and then,... "amend the soil" properly.

Besides, A website has to show your persona and character. It needs to be human... this is what gives people this "je ne sais quoi" when they land on my site and just feels right to opt in.

My design, character wording and copy all fit together because I (as in the person writing it designing it and who they are meeting) is the same person.

If I write your site with my goofball butt and then they meet you, totally serious not a funny bone in their body, something will just feel off tot he seller... and they will not choose you.

Learn SEO feel it breath it, sleep with it! and Become a master of that domain!

I will send you my source in pvt.

Originally posted by @Brian H. :

@Jerryll Noorden

Loving everything you have to say on here.  Sent a connection request with a message. Would love to pick your brain a little and learn about SEO. 

Man I am the poop!!

Sure thing brother. Pick my brain all you want. It is so hugely gigantic it will take a bulldozer to not even make a dent in the picking of the huge brain!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you